Thursday, June 21, 2012

Revival Now

When the priests withdrew from the Holy Place, the cloud filled the temple of the Lord. And the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled his temple. (1 Kings 8:10, 11 NIV) I've been around church for my whole life and I've seen God do amazing and wonderful things. He never ceases to amaze me. As I read this scripture this morning about the glory of God coming down on this gathering - I hungered and ached for that experience to come into my life and into our own church. Can you imagine being in a service where God's presence was so strong that you couldn't even stand - that you would have lay down prostrated before Him? That - it wasn't about schedules and timetables but just about being focused on God and His presence. So many times going to church is just another thing on my calendar and is treated as a duty or an obligated appointment but our heart is not there but I pray that God would put a deep hunger and desire in all our hearts to come and worship and expect God to show up in each and every one of our lives. "God, I pray for revival in the High Desert and let it begin with me and let it begin in New Life Chapel." Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment