Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Prayer Of Blessing For Others

May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones. (1 Thessalonians 3:12, 13 NIV) Often our focus in prayer is about ourselves - my needs, my finances, my job, my health, my family, my comfort, etc., etc., etc. This prayer that Paul prays is a very different prayer as it focuses on the needs of OTHERS. He is specific in praying over the Thessalonians that God's blessings would rest upon them in a special way. I want to encourage you today to not be "me" focused but to be "others" focused today. Speak a prayer over the many people that you will come in contact with as you go about your day. For... that person in line in front of you that seems stressed out. For... that person who is driving behind you and seems to be impatient. For... that person who has been ignoring you. For... that person you work with who you don't get along very well with. For...and the list could on and on. As Paul prayed - "May God strengthen you hearts" I pray that over you today. May God fill you with every blessing and that you would be a blessing to others and may His Holy Spirit fill every need that you have that God's presence might be seen and felt in you today. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment