Thursday, June 21, 2012

God Is In Your Dark Places

Then Solomon said, "The Lord has said that he would dwell in a dark cloud; (2 Chronicles 6:1 NIV) I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. (Isaiah 45:3 NIV) This might be a little provocative for some people but the scriptures tell us that God can be found in your dark (not evil) places. God is with you in your dark and difficult times and according to Psalm 23:4 "He leads me through the valley of shadow and death." I remember when I first realized this principle during a very dark season of my life - that, no matter how dark things seemed - God was with me! It is in those dark places that God reveals His treasures for my life. It is during those times that I draw close to Him - even closer then ever before. You might be struggling today - God is with you. He promises to never leave or forsake you. Trust Him today. You might not see or feel Him right now but He is there with you. Call out to Him and watch how He will work on your behalf. But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light. (Micah 7:7, 8 NIV)"

No comments:

Post a Comment