Thursday, June 21, 2012

Are You Like A Stubborn Donkey?

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. (Psalm 32:8, 9 NIV) One of my favorite pictures is that of a road in the middle of nowhere that suddenly splits into two roads without any sign indicating the direction of either one. Life is like that in a lot of ways - we have many choices but there is only one right way. The Psalmist teaches us about God's desire to lead us through this maze called life and it's interesting that God says that He will lead us with His "eye on you." When I was growing up - we called that the "stink eye." My mom could get us kids to do almost anything just with the look of her eye. She had this certain look that we knew that if we didn't straighten up we would really get it when we got home. Here's the thing: God wants to lead us but we've got to be looking His way and need to get rid of the stubborness that we would be characteristic in mules and donkeys. I would rather follow God's leading with my own volition rather than to have to be led by the "bit and bridle" method - a not so fun way of livng life. Look to God today and follow His leading and you will be at peace today."

No comments:

Post a Comment