Thursday, June 21, 2012

One Of The Greatest Days Of My Life's

Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up. (Proverbs 12:25 NIV) I remember a time when I was a young pastor just starting out and being very discouraged one day. The church I was pastoring wasn't growing very fast and the needs seemed bigger than I could handle. I was really struggling and wallowing in my troubles. There we're two verses of scripture that I stood on at that time. The first one was from 1 Samuel 30:6 where it says that "David encouraged himself in the Lord." The second was this verse saying that "anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up." I remember thinking that there was no around to give me a kind word so I thought I should try reach out to others and give a kind word to them. I sat down and thought of 5 people who were worse off than myself and determined to call all 5 of them that day and give them a "kind" word. After calling each of them - I was so encouraged myself that I forgot all about my problems. May I encourage you today to perhaps think of someone who is in a worse place than you are and give them a kind word today. It will help them and most importantly - it will help you also."

No comments:

Post a Comment