Thursday, June 21, 2012

Do You Ever Feel Like Running Away

I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. (Psalm 55:6 NIV) One of the greatest men to have ever lived - David, felt like running away. The stress of life, the betrayal of friends, the pressures from people caused him to just want to go away and hide from all his problems. He was done. He came to an end and was tired and wanted to just "fly away." I can relate. I have often felt like that in life with all the demands and pressures that come upon us. Walking away seems easier than sticking it out and dealing with things. David vented but he also relented. At the end of the Psalm he said: As for me, I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice. He rescues me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me." We all feel stress and we all feel like running away but its at times like these that we need to go to God and tell Him how we feel and trust Him to bring us through. He always has and He always will."

No comments:

Post a Comment