Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What's In Your Heart

[26] My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. [27] But those who desert him will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you. [28] But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign LORD my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do. - Psa 73:26-28 NLT

I often think about the “core” of a person’s life and what is underneath the layers and layers of façade that people build their lives around. It isn’t until you are stripped of those layers that you begin to find out about who you are and what it is that you really believe. In David’s case – his health was failing and his spirit was growing very weak and he definitely was not sporting his “A” game because of the adverse circumstances that was experiencing. But deep within David was this knowledge that God was in charge and that His sovereignty would prevail. Perhaps he couldn’t see it or even sense God’s presence but he acted upon what he knew in his heart. It is not different for any of us today as life throws its ups and downs at us. We are not moved by circumstances and situations but we are moved by the fact that down in the depths of our hearts – we know there is a God and we know that He is ultimately in charge of all the affairs within my life. Like David – we should press in and tell everyone about the wonderful things that God does.

No comments:

Post a Comment