Thursday, July 1, 2010

Blessings Of Obedience

Isa 1:19-20 NLT - [19] If you will only obey me and let me help you, then you will have plenty to eat. [20] But if you keep turning away and refusing to listen, you will be destroyed by your enemies. I, the LORD, have spoken!"

I've been around for awhile now and have seen just about everything there is to see. I have seen those who have walked with the Lord for a lifetime and I have seen those who come in for that quick fix and seem to never get on top of it. This principle that Isaiah is bringing forth is so true – obedience to God and His ways brings God's blessings and abundance in our lives. It breaks my heart to see young people (or any person) throw their life away for some temporary pleasure that comes their way. It grieves my heart to see people walk in their sinful ways. The results might not be immediate but they will come sooner or later. Whether it be a blatant sin or a subtle sin – it will always come to fruition down the road. On the other hand – those who allow God to bless their lives and walk in obedience become people who receive the blessings of the Lord. I enjoy the blessings so much more than the alternative. Obey. Obey. Obey. It is God's way. It is the road to much blessing from the Lord in each and every life.

No comments:

Post a Comment