Friday, July 16, 2010

A Refuge In The Storm

Isaiah 25:4 NLT - {4} But to the poor, O LORD, you are a refuge from the storm. To the needy in distress, you are a shelter from the rain and the heat. For the oppressive acts of ruthless people are like a storm beating against a wall,

Have you ever got caught in a deluge of a rain? I know that I have many times in my lifetime. It’s when you are trying to get from one place to another and there is no shelter to cover and protect you. I’ve had that happen on the golf course a number of times and I’ve had it happen as I’m trying to get out of my car – dressed in my nicest clothes going to church or some function. The whole idea is that we start running for the nearest shelter because we don’t want to get wetter then we really are. Rarely does someone just stand in the storm – it’s not a place where you want to be if you want to stay dry. Storms always dishevel us and toss us around. They change my appearance and the leave a mess in its wake. In the same way – when the storms of life come our way – we try to get away from them as fast as we can. They can have some devastating effects. The Lord is our traveling shelter in the storm. It’s like that commercial we see on TV where the umbrella goes where ever the people are. God is like that in that we will never be too far from his protective blessing. His covering over us is against any attacks the enemy might bring our way – financial, spiritual, physical, or… and the list could go on and on. Over the years I’ve had to run to the shelter over and over. I’ve test its ability to protect me and it’s the real deal! God is a refuge and God is our shelter. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment