Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Reason For The Trial

Hosea 6:1-3 (NLT) 6:1 “Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces; now he will heal us. He has injured us; now he will bandage our wounds. 2 In just a short time he will restore us, so that we may live in his presence. 3 Oh, that we might know the LORD! Let us press on to know him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring.”

This passage touched my heart this morning as it shows the reason that God allows us to go through trials and difficulties – that we may live in His presence. I have done a lot of reflecting over the past few years about the dark season that I went through. I know that God could have just said the word and I would have been out of the depression and oppression – but He didn’t. He wanted something else – that I might come to live and walk in His presence – that I would have an understanding of who He is in my life and what He means to me. I am a better person for having gone through those experiences and I have a great empathy for others who are experiencing depression of any kind in their lives. I have come to know God in a deeper way and have come to trust Him like I never have before. My life and future is in His hands and I rest upon all His promises to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment