Monday, July 26, 2010

God Never Fails!

Isaiah 46:3-4 NLT - … I created you and have cared for you since before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime--until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.

One of the blessings of getting older (I didn’t say old but older) is that I have the privilege of looking back over the course of my life. Most of my dreams as a child or as a young man have been fulfilled. I have traveled to 33 countries and have been friends with some of the most amazing people. I pastored four wonderful churches that have helped formed and shaped the man I am today. I am one of the fortunate ones who married the right woman and have watched our daughters marry their “right ones” also. My grandkids are the delight of my eye and I enjoy spending time with them every week. But more than that – I am so blessed to have a tight relationship with God. We talk together every day and I look to Him for guidance upon every part of my life. I can honestly say as I look back that God has never failed me and He has always been there for me. Yes, my hair is turning a little gray now and I am slowing down a little but I am so thankful that I serve a God has never and will never forsake me. I love God with all my heart and am so thankful for the journey that He has brought me on and has carried me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment