Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In The Meantime!

Hebrews 10:23-25 NLT - {23} Without wavering, let us hold tightly to the hope we say we have, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. {24} Think of ways to encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds. {25} And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near.

Have you ever been in a situation where you didn’t know “what to do” while you we’re waiting to do the next thing? I know that I have. It’s during these times that my mind gets distracted and I end up sometimes doing the things that I shouldn’t be doing. Paul gives us some instruction about what to do in the meantime while we are waiting for the coming of the Lord. First, he tells us to not waver – to hold on tightly to God knowing that He is going to keep His promises. This indicates to me that it is possible to let go and that the enemy is going to throw his whole arsenal at us to get us to “let go.” We must walk in faith and we must hold on tightly to the promises of God. Secondly, we must find was to encourage one another to love and do good deeds. It’s not just doing those deeds myself but I must encourage others to do so also. How can I provoke you to show your love to others? If I am leading in regards to serving it will encourage others to serve also. Lastly, Paul encourages us to not neglect our coming together as some people do. In other words – its important to be in church and to hang with other people. This encourages not only yourself but those around you. Don’t neglect this! In other words – it is something that can slip from our list of priorities. So… in the meantime we must occupy ourselves until He comes lest we find ourselves in places where we should not be and doing things that are not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment