Wednesday, October 23, 2013

MY LIFE VERSE

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, (Ephesians 1:3 NKJV)

Unlike many people who weren't raised in a Christian home, I have had the privilege of being raised by godly parents and in a Christian environment - to which I am so grateful for.  I had parents who instilled values, faith and character in me and in my siblings on a day by day basis.  As a result - both my brother and sister and all our kids all follow Christ Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  All 3 of us kids are in full time ministry and our children and grandchildren are following Christ also - many of whom are serving alongside us. To date - there are 38 (including my mom) of us who are walking in the ways of The Lord.  It doesn't mean we are perfect or that we don't have problems and struggles but it does speak volumes to the way we were raised and the values that were instilled in us that we've passed on to our children who are passing it on to their children.  It speaks of the many prayers (often with much tears) that were prayed to God Almighty for his help and strength. To be in a gathering with my whole family brings such delight and joy as we celebrate together what God is doing in our lives.  We will laugh, cry and encourage one another in the ways of The Lord.  We all stand on that verse in Acts 16:31 that says, "Believe on The Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, you and your household."  We have stood on that verse and have cried out in tears in prayer over our children who at times were dealing with struggles and temptations.  Now, I am the patriarch for our family - a huge responsibility.  Every morning I rise early with the heavy responsibility of lifting each member of my family, my mom, my brothers and sisters and their kids, my wife, my kids and their kids up to God in prayer.  I call out their names personally and I pray for them and their specific needs.  I am calling out to God for generations to come that the power of Christ would live in and through our family for years to come.  Truly, as Ephesians 1:3 says, we've been "blessed with every spiritual blessing."  That has been my life verse and it is a promise I stand on every day.  I am so thankful to God for ALL His blessings in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment