Thursday, October 24, 2013

GOD CHOSE ME FIRST

...even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love (Ephesians 1:4 ESV)

As a kid I grew up in a rural community about 60 miles north of Los Angeles.  We lived right up against the mountains and orange orchards so our days were not spent inside but were spent mostly outside with all my friends who lived on our street.  We did everything together from hiking, building forts, playing tag to basically anything you might imagine a young boy could do outside in a country setting.  During the summer we started playing in the morning and often didn't come inside until we were called in for dinner in the evening. Some of my best memories in life come from that season of life. One of the things we used to do regularly was to play baseball in the street.  (To say that I have broke a few house and car windows would be a understatement).  We would line everyone up and pick teams - which I absolutely hated unless I was the captain and was able to pick my teams.  Often, because I was smaller than most I would be picked toward the last and I never liked that. In that context - I understand this verse so much more. When it comes to God - He Chose Me First - before the He created the world. Think about that for a moment... before you were even born - you were on His mind.  He knew that you were going to choose to follow Him so He chose you and loved you first that you might live a holy and blameless life before Him.  Today, I would like to challenge you and remind of the incredible love that Christ has for you.  Stop and contemplate that and let it go deep into your heart.  He knew what parents you would have and what you would look like.  He knew what your likes and dislikes would be and He also knew what struggles you would face.  He knows what is in store for tomorrow.  He loved you first and He is absolutely crazy over you.  If God was to take out the pictures in His wallet - yours would be there for Him to show everyone of how much He loves you today.  As you go through this day - remember that there is a God who loves you and has not forgotten you.  Tell Him how much you love Him and be thankful for what God has given you.

No comments:

Post a Comment