Saturday, October 19, 2013

LUNCH WITH THE KING

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. (Revelation 3:20 ESV)

I was conversing with someone the other day and the topic of their prayer life came up in the conversation.  They begin to describe this intense everyday intimate experience of sitting and dining with Jesus.  It wasn't a rushed "I've got to do this and head off to work prayer" but a carved out time of being with Jesus and having time of worshipping Him and allowing Him to speak to this person's heart.  They shared of a communion and closeness that was being experienced between them and Christ that I long for in my own life.  Granted, I have those times and seasons but this was at a whole new level.  It showed me that there is a deeper place that I need to be in my own prayer experience.  That... there was an intimacy with Christ that I was missing.  I'm reminded as I write this of the story of Martha and Mary in the Bible.  Martha was busy in the kitchen serving and cleaning while Mary took advantage of being with Jesus and just sat at His feet.  Too be honest, I find myself like Martha a whole lot.  I want the Mary experience.  I want to sit at His feet daily.  I want Jesus to fill my heart and mind and for that sweet communion to be shared between us.  Like this scripture, Christ is standing at the door of my heart and knocking.  I don't envision this as a loud banging on the door but a gentle knock of a Savior who is calling ever so quietly - "Are you awake?  If so, let's go spend some time together.  Let's go sit in the garden together and get to know each other more than we do.  Let's have a meal together and let me show you the most important thing for you to do with your life."  I don't know about you but this is what draws me in this season of my life.  I see life flying by me - events, schedules, family, work, etc.  I just want to get off the rat race for a while and sit at Jesus feet.  I want to spend some time with Him and let Him know how much I love Him.  I want to hear directly from Him - not what man says but what Christ says. My heart is willing and ready.  I am looking forward to what Jesus has to say and show me.  I am listening and ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment