Monday, October 28, 2013

GOD HAS A PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the  of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. (Ephesians 1:7-10 ESV)

As I look at this scripture there are a few phrases that really jump out for a person's consideration:
  • "In him we have redemption through his blood" - Jesus paid the ultimate price for my salvation.  He bought my freedom with his death and resurrection.
  • "The forgiveness of sins" - It is not something I could ever do for myself nor is it possible for me to be able to pay the price as Jesus did for this to take place.
  • "According to the riches of his grace" - I didn't deserve salvation or forgiveness of sins but Jesus made it possible through His grace.
  • "Which he lavished upon us" - When I think of the word lavish I think about giving and pouring out more than enough.  There is more than enough grace for the whole world - especially for my personal sins.
  • "Making known the mystery of his will" - It is no longer a mystery as we know that God's will was to send Jesus Christ for my sins (the redemption of my sins) and of the whole world to be saved.
  • "Fulness of time" - Someday everything will culminate in the soon coming return of Christ and those who believe in him will reign with him forever and ever.
I've been pondering over these verses over and over recently and recommitting them to memory as they are rich and full of promise to each and every one of us.  Often, we only see a small part of the pie and don't see the who grand scheme of things.  God has a plan for each of our lives and He is not done with us.  I often only see the problems and trials that are around me but I'm part of a bigger story much bigger than my little world and issues that I might have.  Trust Him today to help you see His plan for your life and that God will never forget any promises that He has made to you.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11 ESV).

No comments:

Post a Comment