Friday, October 4, 2013

Are You A Lukewarm Christian?

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. (Colossians 3:1, 2 ESV)

I am always baffled about the compartmentalizing that goes on in Christians.  They can be one way on Sunday but live a lie during the week.  When they need to be a Christian they can turn it on with all the right phrases and actions, but when they want to live like the world, they fit right into that realm without even a second thought.  This passage from Colossians challenges us that "if we have been raised with Christ" then we should be seeking the things above.  I am not a "part-time" Christian.  I don't take "vacations" from God.  He is with me 24/7 and I must live my life always for Him.  We belong to Christ and have been raised by His power over the sinful lives and habits that we have.  We are also challenged in this passage to "set our minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth."  This is a purposeful motion on my part.  It is action with intentionality.  It is living and monitoring every part of our life to be reflective of who is really living in and through us.  May I encourage you today to not sit on the fence but to fully come over to the side of godliness and righteousness with Christ.  Look what is said in Revelation 3... “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. (Revelation 3:15, 16 ESV).  Don't be that lukewarm Christian today.  Make a decision to live for Christ in your actions, in your speech, and in the way you walk today.  I pray those you come in contact with will "see" that Christ is in you always and that you are a reflection of someone who has been changed by the power of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment