Tuesday, November 3, 2009

God Knows

Job 23:10-12 (NLT) 10 “But he knows where I am going. And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold. 11 For I have stayed on God’s paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. 12 I have not departed from his commands, but have treasured his words more than daily food.

Eliphaz had just attacked Job accusing him of some secret sin. There are a lot of people who would try and accuse and condemn us. It might have even been true but Job knew his God. He knew that God didn’t condemn him for his past and he knew that God forgave him and still forgive him. He knew in his heart the way that he had gone and he knew that he had stayed true to God and His ways. This passage shows me that Job had a special relationship with God. He had a confidence in his heart that didn’t give any room to the enemy and his accusations. Job loved God so much that he loved His word more than daily food. He wanted to know him and he wanted to be in the center of God’s will. May we be so in love with God that it won’t matter what people think. We should be so confident in God and His love that we can rest in who He is to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment