Friday, November 13, 2009

More Spirit Praying

1 Corinthians 14:15 (NLT) 15 Well then, what shall I do? I will pray in the spirit, and I will also pray in words I understand. I will sing in the spirit, and I will also sing in words I understand.

When we pray – we should be engaging both our intellect and our spirit. Most of us pray with our intellect, asking God for things and praying for situations that we have in our lives. But we must press in to pray with our spirit. It’s times like these that I don’t really know how to pray. This usually starts with the intellect but soon becomes a burden in your life that needs to be released. It is then that we need to allow the spirit to pray through us and for us. I believe that more and more people would find release in their lives if they would just allow more spirit praying to happen. I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately. I tend to carry things. I tend to pray with my understanding. Breakthrough comes through praying in the spirit. I need breakthrough in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment