Thursday, November 19, 2009

Who Loves You?

Matthew 3:16-17 (NLT) 16 After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.”

Two of man’s greatest needs are to love and to be loved. What God the Father spoke over Jesus is what every son and daughter wishes to be heard in their own lives – “You are my dearly loved Son/daughter, who brings me great joy.” Sadly, so many have never felt that blessing from their father and spend a lifetime searching for that blessing in their own lives. They search for validation, significance, value, etc. As a result – many look in the wrong places and end of making decisions that affect them for their lifetime. The great thing about God is that what He said over His son Jesus is what He wants to say over each and every one of us – “you bring me great joy.” Think about that – I BRING GOD JOY. I am His son. He loves me so much.

To wish you we're someone else is a waste of the person you are - Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment