Friday, November 6, 2009

God's Kid

Galatians 4:6 (NLT) 6 And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.”

As I write this – my grandson Kyle is with Denise and I this weekend. He is adopted. His parents, Gary and Michelle absolutely love this young boy. We all do. I love the way he calls his dad “dada” and his mom “mommy.” Even though he is not theirs by birth – He is fully their child. He has their last name and will be part of their inheritance some day. He and I are alike. We are both adopted. Well, maybe not physically but I am adopted spiritually. I was a cast off and God came down and made me one of His kids. He is not just my father but He is my “abba” or my daddy. I am so blessed! As Christians – we need to come to our father and know that he loves us so much. We ARE one of His kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment