Monday, November 16, 2009

Longing For Heaven

2 Corinthians 5:1-2 (NLT) 1 For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing.

The older I get the more this verse comes alive to me. The thought of heaven compared to living on earth is almost too overwhelming. To think about being in heaven with our Savior and to be out of the pain of our present bodies is a wonderful thought. But the reality is this… I’m not in heaven yet and I still have to live with this present body. I still have to come to God daily and seek out his mercy and grace. I still need to go to work and I still need to pay the bills. I still need to deal with the things of this world. That’s not all bad news because I have been promised a helper to come along side me and give me the grace I need. Praise God for the Holy Spirit who is with me and wants to help me through my day by day living experience. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment