Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lessons On Weaknesses!

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (NLT) 7 even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud. 8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Sometimes I wonder why I’m wired the way I’m wired or why I was made the way I way made. Given the opportunity – I think I would have put in a different order to the maker - taller, smarter, wiser and healthier. There are certain areas of my life that seem boggle me up and set me back. There are certain parts of my personality that always get me into trouble with some people. The list could go on and on. This passage tells us that those things are here to keep me from have a pride issue. Paul recognizes that and says “that’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses… because it causes me to lean on and depend fully on the power of God – therefore I really am strong.” It’s a hard pill to swallow but its an important one. God knows me better then I know myself and He wants me to come to Him, trusting and believing that He will work all things out in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment