Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lessons On Giving

2 Corinthians 9:6-9 (NLT) 6 Remember this—a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop. 7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.” 8 And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. 9 As the Scriptures say, “They share freely and give generously to the poor. Their good deeds will be remembered forever.”

I have been taught the blessings of giving ever since I was a child. It was ingrained in me as my parents modeled that in their own lives and began to teach the same principles to me and my siblings. I can honestly say over the years that God has abundantly blessed me and my family. I’ve seen miracle after miracle. Tithing and the giving of offerings is part of who I am and I have reaped its rewards over and over. Last month was a very tight month for the church financially. A fellow minister came into to talk to me about their ministry in the area. While they we’re talking to me I felt a prompting by the spirit of God to give to their ministry $500.00 (money that we really didn’t have). Because I was obedient and planted those seeds – God has looked very favorably on the church this month financially. Last Sunday the church gave to a family who was hurting financially. They had been faithful in their giving – now God was giving back to them. God never fails! You read what you sow. God promises to generously provide all that we need. We need to trust Him in this area of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment