Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Clear Conscience

Job 27:6 (NLT) 6 I will maintain my innocence without wavering. My conscience is clear for as long as I live.

Much of what I have to deal with is in ministry is people’s conscience. Either they are living with something from their past that has paralyzed them in the present or they are living with some sort of sin and have not accepted the forgiveness of God. In the midst of all the accusations, Job was able to declare that his conscience was clear. Only God's forgiveness and the determination to live rightly before God can bring a clear conscience. How important Job's record became as he was being accused. Like Job, we can't claim sinless lives, but we can claim forgiven lives. When we confess our sins to God, he forgives us. Then we can live with clear consciences.

No comments:

Post a Comment