Saturday, October 31, 2009

God Is Watching

Psalms 121:1-8 (NLT) 1 I look up to the mountains— does my help come from there? 2 My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! 3 He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber. 4 Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps. 5 The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. 6 The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night. 7 The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life. 8 The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.

The pilgrimage to Jerusalem is a very steep incline with the city at the top of the hill. People would travel together to keep each other company and to be watchful to one another. There we’re always those who would try to rob and take advantage of these weary travelers. Periodically they would stop together and meditate on God’s promises. Psalm 121 was one of their meditations. It was sung together. It was an assurance that God will always take care of His kids and that He will watch over every part of our life. The idea of God watching me is good because I sometimes don’t watch over myself efficiently. Praise God… the Lord stands beside me and the Lord is my shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment