Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Will See God!

Job 19:25-27 (NLT) 25 “But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. 26 And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! 27 I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!

In ancient Israel a redeemer was a family member who bought a slave’s way to freedom. Job, in the midst of his darkest hour, dealing with the worst of Satan and mankind, found a confidence. It was this – He KNEW that God was going to come through for him. He KNEW that he would be vindicated by God. He KNEW that God was faithful and would take him through this ordeal. He was confident that God’s justice would triumph in his life. I get so caught up in the here and now that I sometimes don’t see the whole picture. No matter what trial I might be going through - God is always faithful to His kids. God’s word teaches us over and over that God is on our side and that we shouldn’t despair. The victory is ours today.

No comments:

Post a Comment