Thursday, October 29, 2009

Let My Light Shine

Mark 4:21-22 (NLT) 21 Then Jesus asked them, “Would anyone light a lamp and then put it under a basket or under a bed? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light will shine. 22 For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light.

Light was meant to be placed in a place that would illuminate the area around it. It was not meant to be hidden. Too many people profess to know Christ and yet they hide His light so others can’t see it. They put a “basket” or a “bowl” over it. I wonder what “basket” or “bowl” do we put over our light to hide it. Could it be stubbornness or pride or anger or some hidden sin? Could it be complacency, disobedience or resentment? We can’t allow these things to “snuff” out our light. If I’m going to grow the way that God wants me to grow I must not hide anything in my life. I need to allow the light to come forth and to shine and allow God’s growth to take place in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment