Friday, January 8, 2016

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IN TIMES OF TROUBLE


““But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!” Job‬ ‭19:25-27‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Here’s a fact: every person will at some time or another go through times of trouble and through some form of struggle.  It is simply a part of life.

When these times come what do you hold on to when there seems to be no answers?

Where do you draw hope from when there simply seems to be no hope?

I’ve been pastoring for 40+ years and have seen the old and young and the rich and poor go through times of trouble. Nobody is exempt.

Yet God, in his providential wisdom, knows that these times will come for each of us and in His love gave us an example in His friend Job. 

Job was a man who lost everything. He lost his family, his finances, his health and even friends. 

Job could not answer the questions of why such terrible tragedy would come knocking at his door, but in the darkness of it all Job found strength in what he did know....

First off, JOB KNEW HE HAD A PERSONAL SAVIOR - “For I know that my redeemer liveth,...”

He had a personal, living Savior. No matter how dark things got - down deep he knew that God would come through for him.

I like the lyrics of the song - “Because He Lives” - 

       Because He lives I can face tomorrow
       Because He lives all fear is gone
       Because I know He hold the future
       And life is worth the living just because He lives

I know that my REDEEMER liveth - A kinsmen redeemer was a family member whose role is to vindicate/make things right.  Job knew that he was part of the family of God and that God in the end would make things right.

It might be dark right now and you might now see beyond your current difficulty but hold on to God and don’t lose hope.  God is on your side.

Secondly, JOB KNEW THERE’S A NEW DAY COMING (19:25b-27)

And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!” Job‬ ‭19:26-27‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Whether now or eventually later - Jesus is coming again.  He is returning to His children and we are going to live with Him forever.

He is our REDEEMER and He will make things right.

I love what Revelation 21:1-5 tells us…

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.”” Revelation‬ ‭21:1-5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Jesus will someday make all things new.

Jesus, our Redeemer will give us a...

  • New Body
  • New Mind
  • New Home
  • New Beginning

Today might be a day of trouble but it is not your destiny. Don’t let go of God’s hand and you WILL come through whatever trouble that you are facing today.


No comments:

Post a Comment