Tuesday, January 12, 2016

PRAYER PATH - DAY 2


2016 New Life Chapel Prayer Surge
Personal Prayer Path- Day 2

Scripture Meditation

Romans 12:1-2 (NLT)
And so, dear brothers and sistersI plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

1 Peter 2:9 (NLT)
for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.

Prayer Points

1. SURRENDER
Lord, today I give you all that I am. I offer my body- my mind, my heart, my soul, and my strength to You. I ask You to fill me with Your Spirit that I will live for You. (Spend time in confession and repentance if there is any sin the Holy Spirit is pointing out to you- review the scriptures and list from day one.) Your Word tells me to “trust in You with all my heart, and lean not on my own understanding; in all my ways to acknowledge You and You shall direct my paths”. (Prov. 3:5-6) So as I surrender to You today, I ask for Your wisdom and leading regarding:
Finances- getting out of debt, developing wise spending habits, tithes and offerings
Personal relationships- friendships, dating/marriage, business partnerships
Commitments- extra-curricular activities, hobbies, ministry, work

2. WITNESS
Lord, it is hard to be witness for You so much of the time. The world has grown very dark with evil; injustice and wickedness seem to have no end. The unrighteous appear to be prosperous and there is no accountability for their sin. Temptation to sin lurks and lingers all around me. And the threat of persecution for my faith in You grows stronger every day. However, I know that Your word says that “You know the way of the righteous but the way of the ungodly shall perish”(Ps. 1:6). As You transform me into the person You created me to be, I pray that I will be/have:
Light in the darkness- at school, work, home, the community
Consistent- in private or public that I will have Christ’s character
Self-control-of my mouth, emotions, on social media, and with food and money
Humble- putting others first, seeking to serve, surrendering my rights 


No comments:

Post a Comment