Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Type Of Heart That I Want

Ezekiel 36:26-27 NLT - And I will give you a new heart with new and right desires, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony heart of sin and give you a new, obedient heart. And I will put my Spirit in you so you will obey my laws and do whatever I command.

My childhood home was a place of butterflies. The rolling hills and the sprawling farms we're a great habitat for these beautiful creatures to make a home for themselves. Now... as a kid, I couldn't just watch them – I had to catch them and observe them. I had a homemade butterfly net and often would take it out and catch the butterflies and bring them home – put them in a cage of some type and would just watch them. What was more fascinating was to find a caterpillar and put it in a jar with some leaves and watch the process of turning into a cocoon and then to watch the transformation and emergence of a beautiful butterfly. This “transformation” is no different then our journey and walk with Christ. There has tom come a dying of our old self in order to be developed and changed into one of God's creatures. Ezekiel states it well that our former self was a life of sin and our hearts we're stony. God's desire is that we would become a heart and life that is filled with His spirit and obedient to whatever God asks of us. I want that for my life and it is my daily prayer. I want this for you also. It is my prayer today that each of us would allow God to come into our life and do whatever He so desires with each and every one of us. I know I have come a long way but there are days that I wake up and realize that there are many places of hardness that is still in my soul. I want that soft and pliable heart and I want to be sensitive to God and to those around me. The on-going dying process is not easy but those who submit to it find that there is a new creature waiting to emerge in all its beauty and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment