Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Living Without Regrets

Psalms 25:1-2 NLT -...To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul. I trust in you, my God!

I love to wake up every morning and immediately talk to my heavenly Father and to tell Him what a privilege it is to be His son. I think most parents enjoy hearing those words – I know I do. My family is very close and we enjoy just being with one another and hanging out together – as we did yesterday for Labor Day. It was a great feeling to have my grand kids over and to have them sit on my lap. It was an awesome feeling to also have my mom and dad over and to enjoy their presence. I made a special effort yesterday just to get next to my dad and mom and let them know how much I love them. I am so grateful for the impact that they have had and are having in my life to this day. I know my season with them is getting shorter and shorter but I made sure that we had the camera out yesterday and I made sure that I verbally told them how much I love them before it will be too late. This point became all the more clear as I received a phone call from someone in our church who had been told that his dad had only a few days to live. I never want to have any regrets about my love to God, to my wife, to my kids and grand kids, and to my parents. I never want to regret that I didn't spend enough time with any of them. So... every day I lift up my soul to God and tell Him how much I love Him and I try to every day let my family know how important they are to me. I never want to look back and say I wish I would have said this or have done that. I want to live without regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment