Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Finding God

Psalms 70:4 NLT - But may all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness. May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, "God is great!"

Have you ever lost something that was very dear to you – a ring, a photo or perhaps even a friend or family member? I think we all have. As a result we deal with those losses in varied ways and try to compensate their loss in the way we live our lives. I was down in Costa Rica one time speaking at various churches. My friend who was a missionary there was my guide and translator. On one very hot day – he asked me if I wanted to go swimming in a creek off the road a ways. While we we're swimming my friend came up out of the water with a panic saying he lost his wedding ring. We dove down and looked for it over and over (the water was about 6 feet deep). Finally, we gave up. We got out of the water while one of the young men that was with us said he was going to try one more time. A few minutes later he pops out of the water screaming that he found it. The joy on my friends face could be seen everywhere. Every time we get together we rehearse and tell that story over and over again. It is the same way with God – when you search for Him – you will find Him. The joy of finding Him will over flow in your life and you will want to just keep saying, “God is great! God is great!.” I would like to encourage each and every one of you today to begin a daily journey of searching for God. As you hunger and search for Him – He will make Himself known to you. Your heart will be filled with much joy and you will be blessed over and over again with how good and how great God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment