Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Right Foundations

Matthew 7:24-29 NLT - "Anyone who listens to my teaching and obeys me is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse, because it is built on rock. But anyone who hears my teaching and ignores it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will fall with a mighty crash." After Jesus finished speaking, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, for he taught as one who had real authority--quite unlike the teachers of religious law.

I'm really looking forward to this day as I get to speak to the children from New Life Christian Academy. These young children are such a joy to me and I love to see their lives grow in the ways of the Lord before my own eyes. Today... I'm going to talk about building the right foundations for their life by using this story of two men who built their houses – one upon the sand and the other upon a rock. The houses we're both tested by storms and only the one on the rock stood. It's so important for them to make right choices now as it will effect the way they live out their lives as adults. Choices are so important – especially in the formative years where foundations are being built. The storms of life will come to every person but only those who have built their lives upon the Lord Jesus will stand strong. Think about your foundations today. What are you standing upon? Is the ground solid and strong or is it shaking and sand-filled? I would encourage each and every person today to begin to focus on your foundations. Shore up anything that is weak and build the right pillars for future rooms to yet be built. Build your house on the ROCK – Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment