Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Secret To A Powerful Life

Luke 4:1, 14, 18 NLT - Then Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan River. He was led by the Spirit to go out into the wilderness, ... Then Jesus returned to Galilee, filled with the Holy Spirit's power. Soon he became well known throughout the surrounding country. ... "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has appointed me to preach Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the downtrodden will be freed from their oppressors,

Three times in this passage we see that Jesus was full of the Holy Spirit or that the Holy Spirit rested upon Him. It's interesting... here is Jesus, God's son, in need of the Holy Spirit in His life. The reason: He was just a man living and walking on earth. He needed the same help and the same power that you and I need every day. When He came to earth from Heaven - He laid His God attributes down that He might experience what you and I go through – temptations, trials, difficulties, and the list could go on and on. To deal with each of those issues - Jesus needed the Holy Spirit every day of his life. He had to plug into this power just like you and I do every day in prayer and in meditation. Often, the Bible shows how He would slip away to a quiet place to pray. He, the man, had to fill His tank and had to hear from God. It is no different with you and I today. We must be filled with the Holy Spirit in our lives in order to make it through this day. I want it said of me today that Bill Burnett left his house full of the Holy Spirit and with power and that God used him in a special way to touch the people of the High Desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment