Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Grandpa Story

Psalms 145:18-21 NLT - The LORD is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him sincerely. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cries for help and rescues them. The LORD protects all those who love him, but he destroys the wicked. I will praise the LORD, and everyone on earth will bless his holy name forever and forever.

About once a day I receive a call from my call from my daughter Erin. However, when I answer the phone there is no voice on the other side as she has given the phone to her daughter (my granddaughter) to speak to me. For a few seconds I end up speaking baby talk and connecting with my little girl. And... even though we don't see each other we have a great grandpa/granddaughter connection. When she comes to my house or sees me at church – she comes running into my arms because she knows that I'm her grandpa. These moments don't have to be long moments and are often short moments that remind each of us who we are and that we belong to one another. I have that same relationship with my Heavenly Father. There will be moments during my day where I just run to His arms and allow Him to speak His healing power of love over me. I might not be able to stay long but in that short amount of time I remember again who I belong to and who it is I love and serve. Its during those short moments that I am also able to calibrate the bearings of my life for that day – that I keep my focus and do what God wants me to do. I'm never more then a quick prayer away from Him. He is always there and is always looking out for me. He loves it so much when I sneak away from the busyness of life to just communicate with Him and tell Him how much I love Him. When I pick up my granddaughter and have a moment with her – she (in her wiggly state) will soon want back down to go play. But I know this... she'll be back again and again because she is safe in her grandpas arms. It is the same way with God. He is waiting for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment