Saturday, December 26, 2009

What Type Of Christian Are You?

Revelation 3:15-16 (NLT) 3:15 “I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! 16 But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!

What type of Christian are you? Do you take your faith seriously? Do you read your Bible daily and apply its teachings to your daily life? Do you pray? Do you love God with all your heart? Do you love others? A simple yes or no will quickly reveal the type of Christian you are. Ah, but maybe your arguing with me right now by saying, “But I’m not that bad either. I go to church every week and I even pay my tithe. I even teach Sunday School.” Whoopee! The book of revelation calls this condition being “lukewarm.” You are not too hot and you’re not too cold. That’s unacceptable. Jesus tells us that just as “lukewarm water or food” doesn’t feel well in your mouth or stomach – neither does it feel right to God. He says that He will spit us out of His mouth. God is not looking for people who have a lukewarm relationship with Him. He wants people who are completely sold out to Him and are willing to pay the price of serving God. He wants people who are sold out for the principles of God and who are willing to carry the cross of Jesus everywhere they go. I don’t want to be “lukewarm” for God. I want to be totally immersed in His presence and in His love. I want to live for Him with my whole heart soul and mind. I want to be pleasing to my heavenly Father. How about you today? What is your experience with Christ? What are you doing for Him? Decide today to jump into this thing called “Christianity” with your whole heart, soul and mind. I have. It works for me and millions of others around the world. It will work for you also.

No comments:

Post a Comment