Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Job Description

Titus 1:6-9 (NLT) 6 An elder must live a blameless life. He must be faithful to his wife, and his children must be believers who don’t have a reputation for being wild or rebellious. 7 For an elder must live a blameless life. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered; he must not be a heavy drinker, violent, or dishonest with money. 8 Rather, he must enjoy having guests in his home, and he must love what is good. He must live wisely and be just. He must live a devout and disciplined life. 9 He must have a strong belief in the trustworthy message he was taught; then he will be able to encourage others with wholesome teaching and show those who oppose it where they are wrong.

Talk about pressure. My life is a fish bowl. Everything I do is scrutinized, observed and judged. I’m not only being judged by God but by all those I lead and by those I live with. Yet, it isn’t something that I resent or have any bad feelings toward. I am glad to be an example to those around me. God, in His grace has helped to work these areas out in my life. Not that I’m perfect. I have failed in many of the above areas but by His grace I’m getting better. My sermons will not be remembered as much as the way I live my life. I do this, not for my status or gain but I do this for HIS glory. I am honored to be counted worthy to be an elder in the church of Jesus Christ.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment