Thursday, December 3, 2009

God's Desire For Me

Romans 15:13 (NLT) 13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

I don’t mean to be selfish – but I want this prayer in my life. To have joy and peace and hope – wow! What is happening on the outside of a person isn’t always reflective of what’s happening on the inside. Oftentimes we are torn up inside, dealing with depression, condemnation, negativity, etc. Paul knows that because he dealt with the same things. The enemy is always messing with our heads. We worry and fret. We sulk and stew. The list could go on and on. God’s plan for us is to have joy and peace. His plan is for us to have a confident hope that He is in control and is going to take care of things in my life. It comes down to Lordship. It comes down to trust. Who are we making Lord in our lives and do we really trust God? I have failed many times in this area but I’m so thankful for the mercy and grace of God for leading and helping through every day. Yes… I do trust God and I know He has good plans for me and not for evil. Yes… I have confident hope in God today and know He has a great plan for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment