Saturday, December 19, 2009

Watch The Father

John 5:19 (NLT) So Jesus explained, “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does.

I remember a commercial a long time ago where a Father and son we’re sitting under a tree. The father takes out a cigarette and begins smoking. The little boy, looking up to his father in admiration picked up the cigarettes and started to put one in his mouth also. He saw what His father was doing and wanted to emulate it. Of course – it is only natural for children to watch their parents and want to follow in what they are doing. It’s no different in the Christian realm. We, as the kids of God should be watching everything about our heavenly Father. We should follow His ways and His steps. Jesus teaches a lesson here – WATCH THE FATHER. When your eyes are focused on Him and when your ears are hearing what He is saying – then you should do those things also. As a pastor, I often pray this pray before I preach and before I make any major decision. I ask myself “What is the Father doing and how would He do this?” This little step has helped me in many ways and has helped me to make the right choices and decisions. Put your eyes on Father God and He will never let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment