Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Jesus' Desire For Us

John 17:21 (NLT) I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.

Jesus’ prayer to the Father was that we would be one. He prayed that the church would see the oneness that He had with the Heavenly Father and that we would emulate it down on earth. It breaks my heart how Christians have so many issues with each other and have so many problems just getting along. It bothers me how the church has been so spiteful to each other because of their own personal agenda’s. The lies of Satan have filtered down into people’s hearts. Relationships are damaged or strained. People don’t talk to one another. People gossip about one another. Come on church! Let’s stop it now for the sake of Christ. Let it begin with us. Let us take the first step. Let us become one as Jesus and the Father are one. The world is looking on. They want to know if we are sincere enough. It’s time for the church to be what God has called us to be – ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment