Friday, December 4, 2009

Sin Is Sin!

Ephesians 5:6 (NLT) 6 Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him.

I do a lot of counseling – especially this time of the year. People seek my advice on relationships, jobs, family, finances, health, and personal difficulties of all kinds. It just amazes me at the excuses people come into my office with. They justify their sin and turn it around as if God Himself had given them the permission to participate in this particular sin. Don’t get me wrong – there are those who respond to Biblical counseling. They repent and move forward with their lives. They know that they have done wrong and they want to do what is right. I praise God for those opportunities to help people “see the light.” Yet it grieves my heart very much for those who “just don’t get it.” They have bought into the lie. They have made up their mind. It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks or says – not even God. The scriptures make a promise here that God’s anger will fall on those who disobey him – without fail. It also promises that we will “reap what we sow.” Sin is a serious matter with God. He is waiting so patiently for all of us to turn around and come to Him. It is then that He will open up His arms to us and receive us with much joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment