Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Walking In Contentment

1 Timothy 6:6-7 (NLT) 6 Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. 7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it.

Many people spend their whole life searching for contentment but never find it. We look for happiness in things, places and people. True contentment can only come when we are living out the lifestyle of godliness. It is when we allow Jesus to be first and foremost in our life. For a lot of years I placed my contentment in what other people thought about me or by the things that we’re in my life. I measured success in worldly ways. To be honest – I just didn’t get it. I was always frustrated with what I had and was always looking for greener pastures somewhere else. A few years ago, as I was facing some major hurtles in my life. I had a choice to run away or a choice to walk in contentment God’s way. I am so glad I chose the later. I chose to trust that God would bring me through and I chose to trust in His Word. I am now at greater peace then ever before. I only wish that I would have learned these lessons years ago. I am content and I am excited for what God has in store for me, my family and NLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment