Monday, December 14, 2009

The Discipline Of The Lord

Hebrews 12:5-6 (NLT) 12:5 And have you forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you as his children? He said, “My child, don’t make light of the Lord’s discipline, and don’t give up when he corrects you. 6 For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.”

This is not a verse that I necessarily like but it’s an important verse. No one likes to be corrected or disciplined. However, without it – we would never grow. As a father, discipling my children or even my grandchildren is at times very hard. I remember my dad or mom saying “this hurts me more then it does you.” At the time I didn’t believe it at the time but when I was having to discipline my own kids – I knew what they meant. God the Father so loves us and will do anything to help us become the men and women that God wants us to be. Discipline is part of growing up. We must not make light of it and always remember that God does this out of heart of love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment