Monday, December 20, 2010

John 8:12 (NLT) Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”

Something to think about: The speed of light is generally rounded down to 186,000 miles per second. That is equal to 186, 287.49 miles per second. It takes 8 minutes 17 seconds for light to travel from the Sun’s surface to the Earth. Every second around 100 lightning bolts strike the Earth. Every year lightning kills 1000 people. Red, green and blue are the primary colors of light. Mixing them in various ways will make all other colors, including white. Light is a form of energy which our sense of sight can detect. It is made of electro-magnetic radiation and travels in a straight path. I could go on and on but here’s the point – Jesus states that He is the true “light of the world.” John 1:4-5 states that His light shines in such a way that darkness can never put it out. To be honest, at times when I look around – darkness seems to be winning. If I take at face value what I see – it seems that darkness is spreading and becoming more entrenched. People are becoming more evil and more and more people are living in the darkness of this world. But then, when I remind myself of the words of Jesus and the lives that I’ve seen changed – I KNOW that darkness is in a losing battle. I get to see change in people’s lives from darkness to light all the time. I get to see lives, formerly in the pit of darkness, now move into the light of God’s Word. I like what Romans 5:20 says… “But as people sinned more and more, God’s wonderful grace became more abundant.” Satan would have you believe that He is winning but He is not. There are limits to what he can do and limits to how long he will prevail. Jesus won – period. Darkness will not prevail. Keep your eyes on Christ and stay close to Him on a daily basis. His light will lead you through every dark place that seems to be coming your way. He is our light and He is the one that leads us to light. Trust Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment