Thursday, December 23, 2010

Jesus Chose Me First!

John 15:16 (NLT) You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.

Most of us remember what it was like to play teams as kids for a number of different games which we’re always a lot of fun. It could have been for football, baseball or throwing grass bombs at each other. The list could go on and on. Two captains would be chosen who would then pick the teams. Unfortunately, I always hated that unless I was the captain because I dreaded being chosen last. As a Christian though – it is just the opposite because Jesus chose me first. Let those words sink in – Jesus chose me first! Before the foundations of the earth – JESUS CHOSE ME! He knew ahead of time that I would choose Him so He chose me first. Here’s the fact: You and I are special to God. We are His kids and we are loved by Him. I am chosen by God and I am appointed by Him and called into ministry by Him. I have purpose today. I have a leader who is leading me and a mission to accomplish. I’m not His step child or someone He has to put up with. I am His today! I am approved by Him and I a son in whom He is well pleased. His hand is upon me and He is watching over me to help and protect me. I can come to Him with anything that is on my heart and in my thoughts because He wants to bless His kids – me! As my father – He wants to give me good things today and all I need to do is ask – using the name of Jesus. I feel blessed. I feel special today. I am a child of the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment