Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's Going To Be A Good Day!

John 10:27 (NLT) My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

I've had the privilege of going to Israel twice in my lifetime. Both times proved to be one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. As I read the Bible now – the pages just come to life as I envision the places where each story was lived out 2000 years ago. As I read this mornings scripture reading – I was taken back to the first time I went to Bethlehem. I was fortunate enough to watch 3 or 4 shepherds bringing their flocks to a water hole that was designated for their sheep. There was a covering over the well and each of the shepherds helped to pull the covering off and then began to drop a bucket into the well to bring up and pour in troughs alongside the well. The sheep we're all mixed together by this time with multitude of “baa's” coming from all of them. As their thirst was satisfied I began to wonder how the shepherds would be able to separate his sheep when they would leave the watering hole. What I thought was going to be a difficult process turned into a very simple and easy process. The shepherd simply walked away and each shepherd had a specific whistle or call and the sheep immediately began to follow their perspective owners. They recognized his voice when he called. It made me wonder about my own life and how I respond to my shepherds call upon my life. Do I hear His voice when He calls? More importantly, do I follow His leading when He asks me to do something? I woke up around 2:45 AM this morning. I was a little restless. After tossing and turning for a little bit – I finally stopped and asked my Heavenly Father if He was trying to speak to me. He was. I spent the next hour or so just talking to Him about my life, my family and about many of you who are reading this today. Eventually, I slipped into a deep sleep for about ½ hour or so. Very refreshing. Today, my life is filled with many appointments and places to be. I am also speaking to a group of professionals who have asked me to come and direct them in a prayer for their lives and business. I don't plan to do any of those things without the help of my shepherd today. He is guiding me as I write this today and He will be guiding me throughout this day. My life is totally in His hands. I am very dependent on Him to get me to the water on time and for Him to fill the thirsting of my soul. I look forward today to how my shepherd is going to lead me and how He is going to minister to and through me. It's going to be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment