Thursday, December 16, 2010

God Will Never Fail You!

1 Peter 4:19 (NLT) So if you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep on doing what is right, and trust your lives to the God who created you, for he will never fail you.

One of the harder parts of pastoring is to have to deal with the suffering situations that people go through. Sometimes, it seems, that there is no rhyme or reason and that some people just step from one boiling pot to the other. I’ve always prayed for compassion and understanding in dealing with people and their needs. And… I think, for the most part, that God has been very gracious in helping me to help others. But it wasn’t until I faced my own place of desperate need that I began to really relate to those who are in difficult places in their lives. I can look at those who have lost a loved one and say, “I’ve been there. I understand.” I can stand by those who are in recovery situations and are dealing with addictions and say, “I relate because God has brought recovery to my life.” I can stand at a hospital bed with someone who is deathly sick and tell them “I’ve been there also.” But more than that – I can look every person in the eye and say that “no matter what they’re going through” -it is not lost to God’s sight. He sees every circumstance and situation that I’ve faced or that you are facing today. He knows. He understands. And… He is very compassionate. He is our creator and He has the blueprint for our lives at His disposal. He knows everything about me and He knows everything about you. I’ve often heard other people say, “God will never fail you.” I believed that but it is not until you live that principle out in your life that you really begin to trust those words. I’m 56 years old now – soon to be 57. I’ve seen a lot in my life and in the lives of others that are around me. However… I can honestly say with full confidence today that GOD HAS NEVER LET ME DOWN – Never! So… as you go through that trial and that hardship today – just know there’s light at the end of this tunnel and you will get through this and God will be glorified. Trust Him fully today.

No comments:

Post a Comment