Monday, November 1, 2010

Safe In The Arms Of God

Mark 10:14-16 (NLT) ...He (Jesus) said to them, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.” Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them.

The other day I was on my way to church and decided to swing by Michelle's house and see baby Josiah. He was asleep but I couldn't resist holding him in my arms and putting kisses on his cheeks. He was safe. He was trusting. He was content. He was right where he was supposed to be – safe in my arms. In the same way – yours and my heart needs to be like a child when we come to God. We must come to Him with a trusting heart – knowing full well that He will protect and guide us and take care of our every need. He loves that you come to Him and He will never ever push you away. If we could just stay in that trusting position we would do well in life but,as we grow up, we become more self dependent and a little more absorbed with ourselves. We stop trusting God like we should. Instead of coming to Him – we push Him away and we try to make things happen without His help and His guidance. Finally, we come to the end of ourselves and we turn back to God. Praise God He is always there for me but I would rather learn in the first place to just trust Him. I want to be like Josiah – very contented to be in His dad and mom's (and my arms). It's the way God intended for us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment