Friday, November 12, 2010

It Is Well With My Soul

Job 42:5 (NLT) I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes.

Most people talk about and believe in God – even when they say they don't. I was standing on a corner one time next to a person who claimed to be an atheist. Someone turned the corner a bit tight coming a little to close to us and out of their mouth came the words “Oh my God.” I turned to them and asked them when they started believing in God. You should have seen the look on their face. It's one thing to hear about God and even believe in God but its another thing to “experience” God. Unfortunately, for most of us – it takes a tragedy or a difficult experience to come into our lives before we come to really know God. I'm sitting at my computer typing this into my journal right now and the song “It Is Well With My Soul” is playing. It has reminded me of all that God has done for me and how God has brought me through so much. Yes... I've known God all my life. He has been with me He has meant a lot to me. But its different now. I have grown to appreciate just who He is and I have come to see His grace and mercy with my own eyes. I honestly can say, “It is well with my soul” today. The hard places and difficult situations we're allowed by God to help me to see God in a different way. To walk through life without bitterness and without regret is a wonderful experience. I haven't been give a crystal ball or do I know about today or tomorrow. But I do know this... God is in me. I'm experiencing Him deeper then I ever have before. My life is in His hands and I know that He has wonderful and great things in store for me, my family and the people I pastor.

No comments:

Post a Comment